2014 has treated me exceptionally well with two happy and healthy babies and a stylish send off into the next decade. I’m hoping for anther rosy year so what better way to usher it in than sipping a festive pink champagne cocktail?
Style At Home recently highlighted some delicious new years eve-worthy champagne cocktails, styled in tones of gold and pink by my talented colleague Ann Marie Favot. I’m partial to this blackberry lime fizz, which features one of my favourite liqueurs, St Germain Elderflower.
Blackberry Lime Fizz
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 oz St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 8 oz chilled pink champagne or Prosecco
- Place 6 blackberries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid (the frozen fruit will help keep your cocktail nicely chilled).
- Place the lime juice, simple syrup, elderflower liqueur and remaining blackberries in a cocktail shaker and muddle to release the flavours.
- Add some ice and shake well. Strain into two coupes and top with the champagne.
- Garnish with the frozen blackberries.
Bonus points if you mix your cocktail in these gorgeous gold-plated accessories from Cocktail Kingdom. I need that shaker, jigger and stirrer like yesterday!