Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Gold

No I’m not going all There Will Be Blood on you – instead I’m referring to my recent vintage black and gold purchases for my impending apartment. I am all over the warm shiny metal contrasted with slick black these days. The colour combo oozes retro glamour and will infuse my living/dining area with a luxe polished look.

image

One of my biggest scores that warms my heart every time I look at it is my beloved Dorothy Draper-esque curio cabinet. I scooped it up at FOC!, Furniture on Consignment, for a steal. It is in perfect condition with amazing brass hardware, gold detailing, chinoise feet, adjustable glass shelving, a mirrored back and working built-in lamps in both the top and bottom sections! I plan on using it as a bar cabinet and seeing how that goes.

My second black and gold find was an adorable Italian side table with a stunning gold floral base, topped with smoked glass. It’s a vintage find from Chair Table Lamp and has so much character!

The last black and gold find, I just purchased this week from Of Things Past. The large mirror is perfect for the dining room nook wall and has a stunning fleur-de-lis-esque centre motif with tiffany x’s accenting the frame.

1 comment:

Kay* said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the side table.