Monday, May 17, 2010

Chalk It Up to Good Taste

Chalkboards in kitchens seem to be the status quo these days. Run out of paper for your grocery list? No problem - write it on the wall! Want to ditch the pen and paper on your countertop? Just pick up some chalk and scribble that to-do list down!

I’ve gathered some of my favourite examples to share because I’m currently deciding whether to paint part of my backsplash in black chalkboard paint or leave it white…what do you think?

clip_image002imageimageclip_image001clip_image002[4]image [23.png]image

3 comments:

t said...

as someone who has a section of my bedroom door painted in chalkboard paint- i offer this caution: everytime you write with chalk, dust falls to the bottom.
so, if you are using your backsplash, i suspect you'll gather a rather unsightly and non-edible pile of chalk dust where your backsplash meets your counter.
a damp papertowel will take care of that, but it's something to keep in mind when you're deciding where do put it. chalk dust falling into pans of food? yuck.
hope this helped-can't wait to see the finished product!!

Nat in a Hat said...

I have a chalkboard wall in my bathroom and absolutely love it! Go for it Jess!

Sari said...

Two words - DO IT