Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beautiful Things are Faithful Friends

My mother and I had the best time winding our way up and down the floors of Charlotte Moss’s lovely townhouse, where we ooh’d and aah’d over the beautiful china, furniture and general array of pretty things.

NYC- July08 (14)

Ms. Moss may have a flair for living but she also has a flair for not letting shoppers take photos inside the townhouse. It was a real shame too as an accidental fire alarm triggered a mass of handsome NYC firefighters to parade into the store and check on the false alarm in person -- it was quite the sight!

image

Despite wanting the vast majority of what was displayed, we went home only with a delicate silver toast caddy which we’ll use for mail and a stack of hysterical note pads that make me smile every time I write on them. I chose quite the obnoxious quote but I love it.

P1010289

PS- Even though I’m photo-less, the good news is Habitually Chic snuck some pics last summer so you can get this gist by clicking here.

3 comments:

Material Girls said...

I'm so jealous you got to go in there! It's too bad about the photos...

Emily

cassandra said...

omg. i NEED THAT STATIONARY!!! it's hilarious. and fabulous. and true!

Alkemie said...

I totally laughed when I saw your last PPPSSSS about your handwriting. Your handwriting is fine :) The photo of your notes is so cute :)

Karen