Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Glam Entryway: My Way

I LOVE this entryway! This set-up can turn a neutral hallway entrance into a chic spot to stash your keys or check your lipstick before heading out the door.

The materials are super glam, setting the stage for a stylish abode that is sure to knock the socks off of any guests.  It's just so luxe!

clip_image001

If I were going to recreate this look myself, I'd mix up some pieces and accessories to put my own eclectic spin on this alluring entryway.

To start: I love this alabaster lamp from ELTE. The light will shine softly on the milky bases and create a welcoming glow. I'm not 100% if the shape of the shade would work but the base is stunning enough to warrant a try!

Leland alabaster table lamp, $595.00

image

Instead of the straight-edged console, I'd pick something with more curves, such as this French antique from 1st Dibs. I love the sensual lines of the legs and the black marble top adds drama.

Console Table with Ebonized Base and Marble Top, $7,500

image 

This tray embellished with naturally shed black horn handles adds flair to the tablescape, as opposed to using a simple silver square.

Airedelsur Silver & Black Horn Tray, $265

 

 

Coral adds a nice matte organic texture that contrasts nicely with the shiny finishes of the other accessories.

Pottery Barn White Coral, $39

 

image This bench is enthralling. Do I even need to explain further? No.

Stamped Cowhide & Ebonized Walnut Bench with studs, $2,500

image

This lust-worthy bowl with gold and pewter accents is way more visually interesting than the simple black and gold version above.

Kelly Wearstler ceramic bowl, $825

image

 

The mirrored sculptures are not my style --they're too fuddy-duddy for my tastes.  Instead I would mimic their visual height with a pair of these tall vases.

You could add clusters of gorgeous blooms to them when entertaining but they look beautiful on there own too.

 Tall Palm Vase by Christofle, $16,000.00

 

image

This mirror is way more fun than the traditional gilt one used in the original set-up. White patent leather is super sassy and the shade plays off the alabaster lamps and Kelly Wearstler bowl quite nicely. The studs mimic the same detail on the zebra bench and the use of such an unexpected material adds a youthful vitality that says 20s instead of 60s. So hip it hurts...

Patent Frame Mirror by Mariana Antinori, $2,450.00

 

 

No comments: