Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sunrise Sunset

I'm not a morning person. I will always want more sleep and I don't get out of bed until I absolutely have to and that's that.

Therefore taking in the beauty of sunrises is totally and unfortunately out of the question (unless I'm suffering from jet lag... I've seen a stunning sunrise over the old city in Jerusalem that looked like it was straight out of a Discovery HD special)

Sunsets, however, are more on my radar.

image

Luckily with the longer hours of daylight, I am home in time to catch the ribbons of ruby, purple and orange that drip down with the sun into the horizon. I have a lovely view from the back of the house where I can see the last rays of light touch the tips of the trees. image

Last week when I caught the last of the orange haze, I noticed the  snow is almost all gone. This week's warm air has now completely melted the last of it for good (since the photo was taken) and now one of the tree's branches is starting to sprout some green

image

I am so excited to post photos from the backyard once the pool is open and everything is in bloom.  Hopefully I won't have to wait too long!!

No comments: