I always look forward to browsing the LCBO’s Food and Drink magazine for their tasty recipes entertaining ideas, and especially loved the latest issue’s beer-based cocktail story from Bier Markt’s - perfect for this May 24 long weekend!
Here is one bursting with summer freshness that uses one of my fave brews Blanche de Chambly :
- 1/2 tangerine, cubed
- 4 fresh raspberries
- 1 oz *Hibiscus Pink Peppercorn syrup
- 1/2 oz Tanqueray Dry Gin
- 4 oz Blanche de Chambly
- Muddle fresh tangerine and raspberries in a Collins glass.
- Fill with ice, then add Hibiscus Pink Peppercorn syrup and gin.
- Top with Blanche de Chambly, stir well and garnish with fresh tangerine.
* For Hibiscus Pink Peppercorn Syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 hibiscus tea bag (Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger or Yellow Zinger) with 1 cup hot water and 2 tsp. pink peppercorns. Stir to dissolve sugar and steep the tea. Remove the bag. Chill & store