Monday, November 16, 2009

5 Questions with… Kat Law of Knave of Valor

imageI am pleased to introduce you to Kat Law, co-founder and head designer of Knave of Valor. Besides boasting a Shakespearean name brimming with old world panache, Knave of Valor stands apart as a fresh and unexpected label that delivers comfortable, yet eclectic fashion. A lot of the pieces are unconventional, daring you to mix in the more unusual with your safe mainstays for a look that is all your own, yet perfectly fresh. I’m personally drawn to the stunning oversized florals and watery botanical prints, but even the basics are artfully done.

image 

Kat, a Toronto native who got her fashion feet wet in NYC, was kind enough to answer some questions about the line, which is proudly made in Canada:

image 

What inspired the creation of Knave of Valor?

After styling for many years I decided it was time to try something new. Designing was a great outlet for me to use my creativity in a new way. I am always asked about my clothes and many of them are vintage finds so I decided to use my wardrobe as inspiration for the line.

image

What celebrities could you see wearing your clothes?

Erin Wasson, Alexa Chung, Mary-Kate Olsen

image

What are three adjectives that describe the Knave of Valor look?

Appealing, relaxed, eclectic

image

Is there a specific goal you want to reach in your designing career?

To make clothes that people feel comfortable and confident in. I would love for my collection to inspire people to move away from basics and take more risks.

image

Where can people buy your clothes?

TNT in Toronto: Hazel Lanes & Eglinton and TNT Montreal

image

Thanks to Kat for the q&a – check out Knave of Valor for more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.