Wednesday, June 23, 2010

European Garden with a Modern Twist

Now that the sunny warm weather is upon us, we Canadians have no excuse not to spend as much time outdoors as possible! While I was putting together the scheme for my long and narrow apartment balcony, I had visions of a classic European garden but with a modern updated twist. I love the idea of a palette of charcoal and black popping against lush yet refined greenery and I though it could be interesting to pair more classic silhouettes such as an iron Louis chair with more modern tapered planters.

Unfortunately I only had so much room and so much money to play with so I stopped short at 2 chairs, some cheap and cheerful planters and a little table,  but here is what my dream scheme would have developed to be if I had a real backyard and patio space and budget:

image

clockwise from the top: Klismos Small Round Dining Table, $759, Savannah Charcoal Indoor-Outdoor Rug, Bird on Ball Finial, $24, English Ivy Topiary, Tapered Cast Stone Planters in weathered slate, Highgate Doormat, $30, French Floral Fountain, $649, Wall lantern, Holly Chair, $260 through Indoors and Out 

(top image via Veranda)

No comments: