If you’re into Italian and are looking for a new dish perfect for our increasingly chillier nights, try an arugula and bresaola salad. This hearty salad composed of salty air-cured beef and peppery arugula is a refreshing alternative to the more popular prosciutto, and takes just minutes to prepare.
You can find bresaola in vacuum-sealed packages at Italian markets and high-end grocers. Serve the salad with crusty bread grilled with olive oil and olives for a lighter meal that is satisfying and delicious!
Arugula and Bresaola Salad
- 1 package of bresaola (roughly 8-10 small slices)
- shards of parmigiano regiano
- a few handfuls of arugula, washed and dried
- wedges of lemon
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of basil chiffonade
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- Spread the arugla on a platter and lay the slices of bresaola evenly over top
- Sprinkle shards of parmigiano and basil chiffonade
- Drizzle olive oil sparingly and squeeze some of the lemon wedges
- Dollop balsamic glaze on top if you desire to add a hit of tart sweetness