Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Craigslist Console

A lot of stuff you see listed on c-list is drek, but my consistent efforts to troll the site for decor gold was reassured when I saw this fabulousness:

image

This mirrored console is 80s glam in a Kelly Wearstler way. I love how its facets step back outwards – reminds me of a New York skyscraper.

image 

If I was working on a foyer right now for an adventurous client, I’d snap up the console, top it with two tall cloisonné vases and a fabulous vintage print, flank it with two show stopping chairs, upholster the walls in a shimmering grasscloth and lay down a greek key runner for instant drama and fun! The finishing touch would be an iconic Hermes ashtray to use as catchall for keys. Who wants to sign up?

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Buy it, put it in storage and use it in your next place :) i love what you put together!