Monday, January 10, 2011

Miami Design District Highlights

As planned, I made my inaugural visit to the Miami Design District while I was on vacay. I had a pathetic 2 hours to try and squeeze it all in, but of course I missed tons so I am planning a return next visit ASAP for my next trip!

P1180241

Not just for the trade, the design district boasts gourmet dining destinations and high-end fashion boutiques that draw a regular crowd of non-design professionals. I will share some more in-depth looks at a few specific showrooms later this week, but to kick off my adventures, here are some brief highlights:

P1180235

The trompe l’oeil backdrop of the Maison Martin Margiela store.

P1180225

The candy coloured furniture, rugs and cushions at Missoni Home.

P1180237

The to-die-for black and white stripe étagère displaying lovely white china at Tomas Maier

P1180224

The spotted fur throw at Raul Carrasco

P1180209

The delectable antipasto feast my mother and I attempted to tackle at Fratelli Lyon (4 layers: cheese, meat, vegetables, and seafood…utter heaven!)

No comments: