Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Battle of the Black and White Fine China

Even though my heart belongs to Margherita, I fully admit this Missoni bianco nero china pattern is stunning. There is an elegant yet graphic appeal with the bold black and white, and I love the playfulness of the mod-ish pattern despite the fact that it is formal bone china.

image

With my benchmark for fantasy formal china in mind, I nearly did a double take when browsing at William Ashley for shower gifts on Saturday and saw this:

image

Could it be? Could the go-to for wedding registries finally be caring Missoni? Not so - ‘twas an imposter, otherwise known as Kate Spade’s Dogwood pattern for Lenox.

 

image

It looks oh so similar, not identical of course- but enough to set my heart aflutter while navigating the traditional patterns I have so often seen.

 

image

No comments: