Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Junior League of Toronto Showhouse Redux

I was very put off by House and Home's coverage of the Junior League of Toronto Showhouse. As a member of  one of the design teams who spent hours at the house, I found the range of photos published to be extremely selective and not in a good way.  If you were there in person than you'd realize what I mean. If you weren't there, it's a shame because the impression the House and Homes spread gives leaves plenty to be desired. Rather than showing the most vibrant and interesting elements, they highlighted some of the more banal and lacklustre features. Some of the best rooms were relegated only to an online gallery, and generally the photography of those spaces seemed rushed and lacklustre.

In my own efforts to balance the exposure and share some of my favourite rooms from the showhouse, I have asked some of the designers to share photos and insight into their fabulous designs.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, featuring Canadian design star Anne Hepfer's chic homage to Coco Chanel!

No comments: