Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Looking Back...

Last Saturday the boy and I officially purchased our sofa! Any fellow decorator knows what a big deal that is, so you wouldn't be surprised to know that I am still reverberating with excitement over the hugeness of it all!

As you may recall, I had my heart set on this beauty, despite the awful salmon colour fabric shown on the online model (I've taken the liberty of converting it to grayscale so as not to offend anyone):

image

We chose a classic black linen for the fabric, which will give it a nice hand while retaining a texture that won't feel too heavy in summer, or too light in the winter.

It comes with four solid toss cushions, which we will brighten up with a dose of safari-style Kenya pillow covers from West Elm. The accent cushions add a shot of leopard, which I love, but it isn't too crazy because the print is toned down with the charcoal grey crewel work. The cushions also serve as additional comfort and support for the tight back.

I cannot wait for it to arrive and to find out if it truly is all that and a bag of chips. Having never had the chance to sit on it in person, I am taking a risk, but I have a feeling it's going to pay off!

2 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great sofa! Where did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?

Jessica Claire said...

I purchased this sofa from ELTE, but Southern furniture is available at most major retailers so be sure to look at the list on the website:

http://www.southernfurniture.net/locator.html