Monday, January 28, 2008

Craigslist Furniture Finds

Even though I'm not in the market for furniture, I find myself drawn to browsing the listings on craigslist for bargain deals and vintage treasures.

Items of particular interest always seem to be retro-shaped sofas and fantastic chairs. They’d need reupholstering and I’d probably refill the cushions, but it’s the thrill of saving a few bucks and customizing my own find that keeps me coming back for more.

Ruthie Sommers is a big inspiration when it comes to sourcing out and customzing vintage finds, as is Sarah Richardson.


I love the lines of this sofa:




UPDATE: I finally found a photo from the latest issue of Domino that features Rashida Jones' NYC appartment. It's on stylecourt, a great design blog. Doesn't Rashida's stunning sofa remind you of this waiting to be rixed up craigslist find?


The colour of this little number below is a scream! It would probably hurt my eyes, but besides the shocking burnt orange hue I also like the shape.

No comments: