Wednesday, January 9, 2008

what do you wanna be when you grow up?

What a loaded question.

One of my sister's answers was, "own a candy store."

Kind of like these folks: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bXoCLyyUz2I&feature=related

I used to want to be a singer/actress, then a chef, then a journalist, but that has since turned into a PR professional. I'm not married to the occupation but it suits me fine for now. I get to write and I'm earning a salary. I've been told I still have a masters degree somewhere inside of me -- I don't write it off just yet -- but I am working a 9 to 5 so it's not happening in the immediate future.

Anixety over choosing the right profession never ends. I hate how 14-year-old teens are supposed to know what they want to do for the rest of their life when picking their schedule in Grade 9. Being asked to choose high school courses and pre-requesites that will get them into the right university program is enough to give any adolescent an ulcer. What they don't tell you is that it doesn't really go away until you're like 30.

It makes you want to burry under the covers and go play with Grandpa's magial toys instead of face the real world. If you don't believe me go ask the pretty little dutch girl...

>http://youtube.com/watch?v=8zGyx7spTGU&feature=related

No comments: