Tuesday, January 29, 2008

For the love of Missoni

It is no secret that I have a love affair with Missoni. I even plan on naming my future Boston Terrier after my favourite fashion house.



Everything about the legendary Italian family's designs exude perfection to me. From their signature knitwear , to their bed and bath line, to their china, to their human spawn (Margherita - you’re fabulous!) -- I am in awe of everything Missoni.

When the time came to update my childhood bedroom in which I still currently reside, I wanted something that said ‘23’ more than ‘11.’ Immediately my mind went to Missoni as a starting point because my mantra always is and always will be to surround yourself with things that you love and that express your own individual identity.



Once I selected the Isaac print in #59 as a starting point, the rest of the scheme just fell into place. The vibrant shades of purple and orange screamed "live with me!" so I quickly ordered some shams and pillows from Neiman’s and had them shipped to our place in Miami (they don’t ship to the great white north- boo!)



I should note that Horsefeathers Home does carry Missoni home in Canada but the price is literally triple the American price- rude!




Above is the result: my lovely bed. Instead of using the purple linens shown in the Neiman's photo, I went for basic black and white to really make the Isaac print pop! Plus using black and white makes it more versatile so my future husband (whomever he may be) would not take offence to sleeping in a giant easter egg.




Now I have my eye on this beautiful Margherita salad bowl. Unfortunately I can't think of what to do with it and how to use it in my room until it would be transported to my future home where I think I would display it on my kitchen counter filled with fruit. If only there was a small bowl with the same fun pattern that I could actually display or use.

Oh the perils of living at home and only having your bedroom to express yourself!

At least my mom has good taste :)

PS- I recently purchased this funky M Missoni dress, my first piece of clothing from the cheaper label, and just discovered I’ve been wearing it backwards- oops! Haha

No comments: