Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bag Crush: Hayden-Harnett’s Clara

For the past few months I have been on the lookout for a durable summer bag in a do-able price range. It’s hard to invest in a light-coloured bag that you know is just going to get filthy so I was frustrated that there seemed to be no amazing bags for me in my price range.

It wasn’t until the end of June in NYC did I find something swoon-worthy:

P1080167 P1080168

image Shining out at me with its pale pink leather with green, coral and turquoise accents, the Clara bag by Hayden-Harnett pretty much hit al the marks: slouchy yet structured, interesting leather detailing, great hardware and a summery palette.

The price tag was still a little steep though for so late in the season so I had to abstain.

image

In the end after my exhaustive bag search I bought a white vinyl tote at a cheesy discount store catering to tweens. I don’t usually scrimp on accessories that get high traffic but it’s pretty cute if I say so myself and it cost less than dinner at my favourite Japanese place so you can’t beat that

P1080170

PS- Hayden Harnett also makes amazing studded leather cuffs that I seriously covet. They remind me of my fierce patent marc jacobs studded clutch I picked up in Bal Harbour.

image

It was less than 50 bucks, but go figure the thingamajig that attaches the zipper already warped so now I’m forced to rock it handle-free

No comments: