Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scenes from Woofstock

P1070982 

I totally forgot to post photos from my first visit to Woofstock last month so dog lovers please enjoy the belated snaps.

P1070954

My mother and I rounded up Leya into the trunk of my car (her maiden voyage!) and we headed down to St Lawrence market for an hour to take in all of the action.

P1080016

The streets were packed with a variety of vendors who had anything and everything to do with canines. Woofstock is the largest outdoor dog fest in  North America so businesses come from all over to showcase their wares.

P1070963 P1070968

From sweaters and handmade urns for pet ashes to gourmet doggie treats and pet insurance, there was no angle left unturned.

P1070959

Of course the best part was seeing such a great variety of breeds hanging out in a friendly atmosphere.

P1070974image image

From a beloved bully to ridiculous fluffy things to my current favourite: French Bulldogs, it was so much fun to stop and play and meet so many funny characters!

image

There was even a purple-coiffed poodle!

P1070993

A significant sighting worth posting is the tiny tom’s truck – a festival in Toronto is not complete without tiny tom doughnuts! The cinnamon sugary pillows are bites of heavenly goodness.

P1070994

In order to balance the species under our roof, my mother and I decided to switch over from canines to felines and give Herman a bath when we got home from the festival.

image

He did not enjoy it but getting this picture of him as a wet plucked chicken was worth it!

1 comment:

escapade said...

Haha - Herman does NOT look happy... Leya is so cute. Someday I plan to get a Great Dane, I think he will be the dog version of my husband who's really tall and lanky. We took our little one Javier to Woofstock this year, he just loved it! So much to see, I'd never been before!