Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sweet on Sweetiepie

P1080419

I’m sure many of you have already read about Greenwich hotspot Sweetiepie so my photos won’t exactly be breaking news, but I still had to share how precious it was when I visited last Saturday.

P1080417

I walked in for a late afternoon light meal before an evening show (post-broadway dinner was at Buddakan so I had to time the meals carefully to take advantage!)

P1080410

Right away the handsome bartenders invited me to sit at the bar and I noticed the plethora of balloons swimming around the ceiling for a child’s birthday party. There were plenty of adults too though and even at 5pm the cocktail shakers were going!

P1080418!

I thought about sitting in the gilded cage but I didn’t want to take up a table of four all by my lonesome…

P1080416

I ordered one of my favourites – gravlax – and was delighted by the pretty presentation and yummy garnishes: chopped egg, watercress, capers and creme fraiche (yum!)P1080415

Even though I only had some ice water with my meal the bartenders indulged me with a precious yellow giraffe on the side of my glass.

P1080412

I totally recommend visiting for dessert or a light snack. The menu is quite varied and there is something for everyone of all ages.

No comments: