Friday, July 24, 2009

Fabric of the Week: Flair

It’s hard to believe it has been a year since I joined an interior design firm and I have to say one of my favourite parts is still exploring the fabric houses. I find the various textures, colours and prints intoxicating and appreciate how an entire scheme can evolve from one single fabric you fall in love with. I also have a bad habit of keeping my favourites behind my desk so I can just look at them and play with them whenever I want.

P1090218

In effort to share some of my favourite fabric finds, I’m going to try and post some of my picks here once a week.

First up is a fabric I recently picked out from Lee Jofa:

image

It is Kelly Wearstler’s “Flair” in noir. I love it’s scattered graphic quality…it’s as if Missoni got mixed up with a black and white monster movie and came out all warped and crooked.

P1090133

It would look kick ass on a chair with black welting...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Agreed...it's got kind of a cool graphic novel-like aethetic