Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Treasure Chests

This image from Decor’s Spring issue has totally wedged itself into my mind. Perhaps it’s the interesting table scape or the framed maps, but mainly it’s the vintage trunk displayed of the bottom rung of the console. The trunks adds so much charm and history to this cozy place and I love the studding detail.

I also love these beautiful photos I found via Desire to Inspire, of Tobi Tobin's designs - the trunks add such rustic charm to both designs and work equally well in these differently-styled spaces.

I’ve seen a few trunks around TO, but none are ornate as the studded version from Decor. I’m convinced I’ll find something comparable one of these days on one of my vintage hunts but until then, here are a couple of the trunks I've found:

The Public Butter

No comments: