Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Call Me Mrs. Malachite

IMG_0579

I've been drawn to the rich swirling greens of malachite for years. The bright hits of turquoise shining through the deep bands of emerald green- it's a vivid and alluring semi-precious stone that has been used in jewelry and home decor for decades. Luckily when I was in Cape Town I stumbled upon a stall in the craft market on the waterfront selling nothing but malachite.

image

I snapped up an oval dish that currently houses some glass cherries in my room. Isn't it pretty? Below are some other gorgeous malachite finds that I'd be happy to own:

image

This Jean Schlumberger Egg Charm, $800 from Tiffany's looks like an antique treasure. I would hang it from a long gold chain for an exotic everyday look.

image

Cole and Son's Fornasetti Collection Malachite Wallpaper is so dramatic! I could see it in a small powder room.

 

image

These Sherle Wagner Bathroom Accessories are a perfect way to inject a brilliant dose of colour into a room. You could use the garbage and tissue cover in a home office or use the stunning knobs on any cabinetry.

image

On the fashion front, this Michael Kors Malachite Print Slip Skirt, $795 is gorgeous! I love the cut and the

downloading...

This vintage Four Door "Malachite" and Cane Wrapped Cabinet, $6800 from 1st Dibs is so fabulous! I love how the vignette is styled.

 

image

imageLast but not least, Jim Thompson's Tony Duquette collection contains a fabulous malachite print called "gemstone." It comes in other colours, but the green is obviously the nicest.

It would look so opulent as upholstery on the Palmer chair from Baker's Duquette collection.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love your dish! Those bathroom accessories are to-die-for!