Thursday, April 3, 2008

Take a Picture...it'll last longer!

Photos on furniture???  Not sure it's totally my thing but I applaud the creativity and imagination behind it.

These Renoma Berge pieces from Distant Origin blend photos of animals and humans for a surrealist flip on classic furniture frames. City/country on a Louis frame is cool but I don't know if I'd go down the horse head ottoman route...

682_b

683_b

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

696_b

image

677

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

A little less freakish are these nature-inspired pieces from Chair Couture.

Vintage french antiques are revamped in organic  or recycled fabric printed with images from nature - making them truly green!

I love the soothing yet vibrant images of grass, water and dandelion fields!

 

chair-Couture1.jpg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely ♥ the bed with the dandelion print - which i saw in...can't remember what magazine this month. but at $13 000 I don't see myself owning it any time soon!

Alkemie said...

I've seen the chairs from Chair Couture but the chairs up top with the photos are definitely different. It's a neat idea with a lot of possibilities although I wouldn't necessarily want a horse head on my furniture either :P

Karen