After a disgusting winter, this week has offered Toronto its first taste of real Spring weather.
To honour the sunshine/rain showers and make use of the fresh blood orange juice currently available at my local grocer, what could be nicer than some delicious fresh citrus margaritas to turn up the heat!
This recipe is from everyone's fave Fat-Ass Contessa and it is STRONG.
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup white tequila
- 4 frozen margarita glasses
1. Combine the blood orange juice, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and ice in a blender and puree until completely blended.
2. Add the tequila and puree for 2 seconds more.
3. Pour the mixture into the frozen margarita glasses and serve.