Thursday, February 7, 2008

Beauty is My Business: Jaqua Buttercream Frosting Sinfully Rich Body Butter

I am a beauty product junky.

At the tender age of 12, I developed a skin care regimen fit for a 50 year old -- minus the anti-aging products of course!

 

My routine consisted of moisturizers, exfoliators, foot sloughers and more, all with the constant goal of maintaining a glowing complexion that was soft as a baby's bottom.

I slathered on lubriderm lotion in attempt to make my skin incredibly smooth, but often found the drugstore brands didn't cut it as much.

 

From there I decided to go a step up to the boutique and beauty supply route, forcing the owner at my favourite beauty specialty store Delineation to say I'd need a rich husband (when I was only 14! oy)

 

Buttercream Frosting Sinfully Rich Body Butter Now I'm proud to say I have a nice mix of high-end and drugstore-quality products in my beauty arsenal, and one product I've been dishing out a few dollars more for is my favourite body moisturizer that I've relied on  for almost 3 years: Jacqua's Buttercream Frosting Sinfully Rich Body Butter.

 

This thick creamy butter is a beauty staple for me because it smells so delicious and leaves my skin feeling ridiculously soft. I've had people who touch my arm actually comment on how silky my skin feels and I always let them know this body butter is why.

 image

The scent is not too overpowering and it has impressive  staying power so I can still smell the hint of vanilla at the end of the night or the next morning. Its whipped texture is thick and sumptuous and it even has a warning on the label that even though it smells good enough to eat, it's not edible! I love the scent so much that picked up the pink buttercream frosting candle too!

 

A little bit goes a long way, so even though the body butter is  pricier than your drugstore body cream (average price i've seen is about $25), it lasts me at least 3 months.

 

Try it for yourself, you can buy it online at: amazon for 20 bucks.

3 comments:

s. said...

Jaqua: cute packaging but I find their products reek havoc with my skin. Caveat Emptor: What works wonders for Jessica Claire may leave you an oozing mess. Just sayin'... Love your blog, anyway : )

Jessica Claire said...

That's strange as my sister and I do have sensitive skin so you think we'd react too! But nope - it works wonders for us and it's a staple we shall not be abandoning anytime soon.

Maybe try something that's less scented?

Faye said...

The body butter is a creamy choice for awful winter months.