Thursday, February 14, 2008

Home Office Hutch

For those who are not blessed with large homes teeming with extra rooms, a large desk with a hutch is a good alternative to having a whole separate home office.

A desk/hutch combo contains the essentials of a home office: a work surface, shelves for display, drawers for storage and often a tray for a desktop keyboard.

Although not as functional for projects requiring a large work surface, such as crafts, for someone working from home one of the hutches below would  be adequate enough. I love them in the white finishes!

Room Service Home, Library Center, $2998

 

clip_image001

Williams Sonoma Home, Stanhope Desk, 5,950.00

 

Pottery Barn Bedford Corner Hutch, Over 1000 (depends on what add ons you choose)

 

JOHAN Desk with shelf unit

IKEA, Johan, $129.00

 

image

Crate and Barrel, Chatham Desk/Organizer, $898.00

 

 

[mm.office.jpg]

PS- On the topic of home offices, I'm loving Style & Grace's post on home work spaces.

She has a great rundown, including Celerie Kemble and Aerin Lauder's office spaces.

Who could resist the stunning Mary McDonald office! Of course I am loving the white desk.

2 comments:

Material Girls said...

I loooove those desks- especially the last photo from the magazine..makes me want to redo my whole workspace. Thanks for stopping by our blog! I am really enjoying yours! :)

Joanna Goddard said...

these are all great ideas. i like the pottery barn one especially. my apartment is minute, and it would be great to have a little desk space instead of working on my bed or the kitchen table.