The Paloma is a Mexican cocktail I found while playing on Martha's Mexican Fiesta ideas section of her site.
The light and fruity drink is a refreshing alternative to the average margarita.
You can use a blanco or resposado tequila and sub in grapefruit juice and splash of club soda instead of fresca.
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz resposado or blanco tequila
- 4 oz grapefruit soda or fresca
- lime wedge
- Coarse salt, for rim
- Rub rim of a highball glass with a lime wedge and twist in a small dish of coarse salt to coat the rim.
- Fill glass halfway with ice, lime juice, tequila.
- Top with grapefruit soda.