Thursday, October 16, 2008

Browsing Under the Jacaranda Tree

P1000847

I was feeling very nostalgic when my mom I visited Jacaranda Tree & Co on Mount Pleasant a couple of weeks ago. The white wicker desk that was used by all four of my sisters and I growing up had been purchased by my mother almost 20 years earlier from the very same store! Fast-forward to the present and the charming two-storey boutique is still under the management of Dianne Monkmon at the same location.

P1000833

Jacaranda Tree & Co is like Toronto's version of Room Service Home. Knowledgeable and helpful staff are there to guide you to the perfect hostess gift or help you pick out a finishing touch for your home.

P1000829

The front section of the store houses a vast selection of china, serving accessories, bar ware, vintage tea cups, table linens, plus amusing odds and ends at the register. A particular highlight are the colour coded displays and beautiful arrangement of seasonal items.

P1000818 

Moving on to the back is an apothecary of lotions and potions for the bath, vanity accessories, an adorable section for children and babies, linens, stationary, picture frames and more.

P1000812 

For those seeking furniture rather than accessories, the second floor holds an array of antique reproductions and other vintage finds that would fit into any English garden or French country  design scheme.

P1000838

Framed prints, mirrors and accent tables are a plenty for those looking to add some antiquity and patina’d charm to their spaces.

P1000839

My own picks at Jacaranda Tree & Co are:

image

Glass Canisters with Metal Lids, $49.99 (small), $69.99 (medium),  $89.99 (large)

image

Needlepointed mint floral bench, $499.99

image

Roger & Gallet guest soaps, $19.99

P1000816

Adorable floral-printed tea set, $19.99

1 comment:

JoAnn Froeder said...

Jessica, thank you for the wonderful photos of Jacaranda Tree, I am in San Diego, CA USA and my closest friend moved to Toronto a few years ago. She works at the Jacaranda Tree, now I can better visualize the setting she is in at work. Please tell June hello from me on your next visit to the shop! JoAnn Froeder