Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dark Chocolate in Chicago

image

Designer Tom Stringer’s Chicago town home is so sumptuous (look at that comfy couch in the living room and the chocolate brown walls in the bedroom!), but the best part is that the look is totally attainable. There aren’t swaths of silk fabric everywhere, no gilded antiques that shout “EXPENSIVE!” - rather it’s all classy looking and gives the air of attainability.

image

The master is a perfect example:  simple furnishings pop against rich chocolate walls and a graphic area rug. The luxury is in the details and finishes: cozy and chic!

image

(Images via Traditional Home’s Oct 2008 issue)

1 comment:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Love the combination of chocolate brown and white. My mother-in-law flipped out when she heard I was going to paint my living room walls dark brown. Hence making the idea even more enticing. I did it and love it. I need a new rug and the one in the picture is fab.