The answer is it can’t - so take this mocktail as is if you’re being a good girl...
Or feel free spike the crap out of it with vodka if you’re needing something a little more saucy for your long weekend.
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry Bellinis (recipe by Giada De Laurentiis)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cups simple syrup *
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 bottle sparkling water, chilled
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, for garnish
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Place the ice in a punch bowl.
- Add the simple syrup, pomegranate juice, and cranberry juice. Stir well.
- Slowly pour in the sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices, mint sprigs and pomegranate seeds and serve.
* For simple syrup: combine 1 cup each of water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and allow the syrup to cool.