This zesty foodnetwork recipe is perfect for the chilly fall weather: it's sweet, tangy and will warm you right up!
You can store the homemade ginger syrup for up to two months or bypass the whole homeade thing and locate a bottle or jar at your local Asian grocer or specialty food store instead.
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 oz ginger syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Twist of lemon or lime
- Pour vodka, ginger syrup, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously, or stir, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add twist and serve.
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh ginger with peel
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Remove the outer peel of the lemon with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include too much of the bitter white pith.
- Finely chop the lemon peel and ginger in a food processor.
- Transfer the lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.